Frequently Asked Questions
Submit your claim via your insurance broker. MUA will arrange mobile repair or replacement at a convenient time for you.
Opting to proceed with the repair or replacement of the windscreen would lead to the claim payment being calculated based on the insurer’s lowest obtained quote for the specific repair or replacement.
The MUA Broker Portal grants registered brokers access to all policy schedules associated with their Brokerage. In addition, you can view the details of claims and download the claim payment document.
If a broker is registered for the MUA Broker Portal, it can be accessed by clicking on the “Broker Login” tab on the top right-hand cover of the MUA website.
If a broker needs access and is not registered to the MUA Broker Portal, please register by clicking HERE.
Please note that future dated versions of policies cannot be viewed on the MUA Broker Portal, only the most recent policy version that is effective will be visible on the portal.
Updated Product Specific Training is available on an online training portal. Contact your MUA broker relationship manager in your region to arrange your access and training. Alternatively contact us on 0861 682 467.
Should you subscribe to MUA Home Assist, call 0861 000 682 to access the benefits of this service. In the unlikely event of difficulty using the 0861 number, please dial 076 715 8967 for assistance. Alternatively, contact your broker.
Should you subscribe to the MUA Concierge service, you have 12 trips per annum for this service. Call 0861 000 682 to arrange this service. In the unlikely event of difficulty using the 0861 number, please dial 076 715 8967 for assistance.
MUA Road Assist is a comprehensive mobility and convenience service for clients on the go. Should you subscribe to the MUA Roadside Assist Service, call 0861 000 682 to access this service. In the unlikely event of difficulty using the 0861 number, please dial 076 715 8967 for assistance. Alternatively, contact your broker.
MUA has a central number for all regions. +27 861 682 467.
MUA is an underwriting manager, underwriting for and on behalf of Auto & General Insurance. We provide insurance products and services via our approved insurance broker network. Contact your insurance broker to request a quote on your behalf. If you do not have a broker, contact us and we shall direct you to brokers in your region.
- Stop your vehicle immediately. If there have been injuries or property of a third party involved, the police should be summoned, and an ambulance called for.
- Observe legal requirements on removal of vehicle from the scene of the accident.
If any person or animal has been killed or injured, no vehicle involved in an accident may be moved until a police officer authorises its removal. If, however, a vehicle completely obstructs the roadway it may be moved after its position has been clearly marked on the road surface by the person moving it. If you are certain that no death or injury has been caused you must move your vehicle out of harm’s way to avoid traffic congestion or further accidents.
- Give your name and address to any person having reasonable grounds for requiring it. In addition, where necessary, you must also furnish the name and address of the owner of the vehicle you were driving and its registration number.
- If another party is involved: Obtain the name, address and employment details, ID number, and contact numbers, e-mail address of any other party to the collision or witness to the collision, as well as vehicle registration and vehicle use details.
- Multiple Vehicles: Obtain contact details of all parties involved in the accident, as well as vehicle registration and vehicle use details.
- Witness Details: Provide the contact details of any other party to the collision or witness to the collision, as well as vehicle registration and vehicle use details to your insurance broker.
- Report to the police: All road traffic accidents must be reported to the police at a police station as soon as possible within 24 hours.
- If the vehicle cannot be driven, please contact 0861 000 682 to arrange towing for it to be towed to the nearest MUA Approved Towing Destination. In the unlikely event of difficulty using the 0861number above please dial 076 715 8967 for assistance
- It is best to complete the claim form as soon as possible after the accident to record clearly the events leading to the incident and forwarded to MUA via your insurance broker.
- You will not be required to obtain any quotations from any Motor Body Repairer (Panel Beater). MUA will appoint an assessor to establish the value of the damage. The MUA appointed Assessor will contact you to arrange a convenient time to perform the assessment.
- Any third-party communication either in writing or verbal should be referred unanswered to your insurance broker for referral to MUA.
Sign up to our newsletter
Stay ahead by subscribing to “The Pulse,” an exclusive quarterly newsletter tailored for MUA brokers. Join us on this journey of knowledge and never miss a beat with “The Pulse” always at your disposal.